How Technology Will Change Businesses in 2017
January 10, 2017
By: Special GuestLeena Boor
, Business Analyst
Our move into the digital world over recent years has resulted in most of us becoming increasingly reliant on technology in every aspect of our lives. We now rely on technology on a daily basis in our personal lives, with many of us turning to technology to do everything from communicate to enjoy entertainment. In addition, the world of business has become more and more reliant on technology and, over the past decade, much has changed in the business sector as a result of technological advancements. With the world of advanced technology continuing to evolve, there is no doubt that the business world will continue to change over the course of 2017.
Some tech trends that are set to improve business this year
There are a number of key tech trends and advancements that experts believe will help to change businesses for the better over the course of the coming year. Some of these have already been showcased at industry events around the world over the past year, while others are already in use, but have evolved and become more advanced in order to suit the growing digital needs of businesses. Some tech advancements and trends that are likely to change business in 2017 include:
- Cloud migration: Advancements in cloud technology mean that businesses will be able to migrate to better and more efficient services, which can aid them in many ways. This includes reducing costs when it comes to equipment and hosting, making operations far more streamlined, and boosting productivity and capacity.
- More effective security: Cybercrime has become a big issue for businesses of all sizes over recent years. However, this year should enable businesses to benefit from greater peace of mind and protection with multi-layered security options available for those that want to avoid becoming victims of this type of digital criminal activity.
- Artificial intelligence: Artificial intelligence (AI) may once have seemed like something from a futuristic movie. However, this type of advanced technology is set to change the face of businesses with tools such as intelligent apps. This will enable businesses to run more efficiently and cost effectively, with the use of intelligent apps expected to increase dramatically over the course of this year and into next.
- Machine learning: Another tech trend that will have a huge positive impact on businesses is machine learning. Experts believe that this year will see an increase in the number of systems that are able to ‘learn’ and adapt in order to suit the needs of businesses.
- Smart technology: Smart technology has been getting more and more advanced over recent years. Not only do we now have access to individual smart devices and products, but business premises and even homes are set to benefit from interconnected smart technology. There are plenty of companies who offer advanced technology products; Gtech Online is one such specialist to watch out for in this space. It offers the latest innovations at an affordable price to make everyone's lives easier.
- Automation advancements: Many businesses could benefit from huge improvements thanks to the expected advancements in automation. These advancements will enable various tasks and jobs that were once done by humans to be automated, which could result in both cost and productivity improvements for businesses.
- Development of apps: The app industry has become huge over recent years, with businesses now able to benefit from a vast choice of apps that can be easily downloaded on to their smart devices. This year is set to see the apps market evolve even further, which means that businesses will have even more at their fingertips.
- Advanced smart devices: One thing that businesses have become hugely reliant on over the past decade is smart devices, with many businesses now able to continue operations while on the move. Enhancements when it comes to these devices have already been seen over the past few years, with more and more features being included in smartphones and tablets. As these devices are set to continue becoming more advanced, businesses will continue to reap the benefits.
These are just some of the key technological advancements that experts believe we will see this year. These are all advancements that will help businesses to flourish in a wide variety of different ways over the course of 2017.
Edited by Alicia Young