With the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) phenomena hard upon us and picking up speed, IT professionals in enterprises around the world are grappling with the tsunami of traffic all of those messages generated by mobile devices are creating. In a real-time world, this traffic not only slows down network performance, but increases overhead costs and in many cases critical messages are either not delivered or are lost.
To address the challenges of inefficient, ineffective and costly mobile messaging delivery, along with providing enhanced security, TIBCO Software has joined forces with Kaazing and announced the release of TIBCO Web Messaging for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service version 3.5. This is an “enterprise-strength” messaging solution for mobile and Web applications. It enables enterprises to meet the growing demand for information via mobile and Web channels with as much as 500 times lower Web overheads compared to traditional HTTP. Obviously, this has major impacts on improving performance, reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) and in assuring that vital messages get to where they are intended at the place and speed necessary in today’s world where time really is of the essence.
Image via Shutterstock
TIBCO Web Messaging for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service version 3.5 and Kaazing’s JMS Edition is aimed squarely at solving those mobile data communication issues. Capabilities include:
- Guaranteed bi-directional message delivery
- Mobile applications can still receive messages even if disconnected or not running (backgrounded)
- Ability to close all inbound firewall ports for maximum security while still allowing Web-based users access to data
- Support for legacy browsers without application code changes
- Scales to the most connections with the least amount of infrastructure
“With this new release, we solve the problem of inefficient, slow, or even lost mobile data delivery,” said John Donnelly III, EVP at Kaazing. “Building interactive, real-time mobile and web applications are not only easier for developers but require less power, data and bandwidth, benefiting both the enterprise and their users. Our integration with TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™, combines the best in class message broker with our WebSocket-based gateway to deliver a complete messaging platform that scales within the enterprise and to its customers anywhere.”
The list of important features of TIBCO Web Messaging for TIBCO Enterprise Message Service version 3.5 is comprehensive. They include:
- APNS Integration for iOS applications to reach an audience even when the app is backgrounded or not running
- Guaranteed message delivery to ensure end users receive all messages intended for them
- Ability to close all inbound firewall ports for zero penetration into your trusted enterprise network while still allowing Web users to connect
- Bandwidth control for offering volume-tiered data delivery services or to cap bandwidth utilization
- Low latency for better response time and decreased bandwidth to minimize data usage
- Supports “write once, deliver anywhere” mobile hybrid applications in addition to iOS Objective-C native applications
As BYOD proliferates, it points up the fact that not all messaging solutions are equal. It is why enterprises need to give serious consideration to solutions that are purpose-built to meet their rigorous requirements on all fronts. With real-time being the only time, and some now saying even that is too slow, as we all know from personal experience getting “E”verything we need when we need it and can use it is critical. Security and performance are paramount. And, having a solution that not only improves both of these, but does so by lowing costs is certainly something of note.
Edited by Brooke Neuman