Leading secure content management solutions provider, Edgewave, recently announced the launch of Mobile Security, an end-to-end, cloud-based Web and social media security solution for mobile devices.
The solution enables the organization to address its issues with fully-featured mobile device management and a secure browser, which provides the most reliable and flexible options for implementing and integrating Web and social media security across multiple mobile platforms, including iPhone, Android smartphones, iPad, Android tablets such as Google Nexus, Amazon Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy, and Windows and Mac laptops.
Edgewave Mobile Security solutions have been listed in the Network World Products for the week of December 17.
In a scenario where BYOD and mobile security is expected to be one of the top issues of organizations in the year 2013, this new mobile security solution from Edgewave allows organizations to easily and quickly extend the ground-breaking Social Media Security and iPrism Web Security solutions to cover every mobile phone device, everywhere, including on a mobile carrier’s network, on an organization’s network, or on Wi-Fi.
With the growing popularity of mobile networking, organizations find more employees accessing the Internet over mobile devices than workstations. Hence, companies are effectively addressing the issues of mobile security through BYOD or providing the employees with corporate-owned smartphones, laptops, or tablets.
But at the same time, it has invited greater risks pertaining to mobile security.
Mobile Security solutions from Edgewave integrates the company’s Web and Social Media Security products to ensure the broader and more efficient protection of mobile devices across the organization, connecting the users safely via critical Acceptable Use Policies, and regulatory compliance requirements, thus, protecting mobile Web security comprehensively.
Edgewave is the only Secure Content management solution provider offering Internet security enablement tools across multiple Web-enabled mobile devices. Mobile Security can be flexibly deployed across multiple platforms, and is seamlessly compatible to offer users the ease and convenience of mobile networking at work, and without any potential risks.
Highlights of Edgewave Mobile Security solution:
- Cross-platform mobile Social Media Security and Web Security for multiple web-enabled devices.
- Compatible with the company’s existing mobile device policy, both for corporate-owned devices and BYOD.
- Enforces strict guidelines for mobile users via Mobile Device Management or implements Edgewave Mobile Security Browser using the existing MDM solution.
- Easy and flexible, ensuring streamlined mobile security integration with Social Media Security, iPrism Web Filter, and iPrism Remote Filter.
- Supports improved productivity and employee satisfaction by conveniently managing user access to the Internet with no latency, whether on corporate or personal mobile devices.
- Reduces complexity and cost of supporting mobile assets to ensure regulatory and AUP compliance.
Thousands of enterprises are using Edgewave Mobile Security solutions to protect their mobile users from Internet-related threats. Founded in 1995, Edgewave is the global provider of on-premises, on-demand, hybrid Secure Content Management solutions to service provider and mid-enterprise markets.
Edited by Braden Becker