In case you missed it, and it is difficult to imagine that you did, Apple had a coming out party a few days ago for its wearable device Apple Watch, the new iPhone 6 in two flavors, a near-field communications (NFC) wireless payment system that—thanks to a growing ecosystem of partners—is supposed to jumpstart finally the mobile payments market called Apple Pay, and some other goodies. I thought since today is the iOS 8 availability date, and that there is going to be a bit of a wait for those new iPhones and Apple Watch, there should be a free playlist included that is appropriate for the device—especially given that the new wearable will be able to play music.
Below I have included my top suggestions for such a playlist. It is obviously reflective of my age and tastes, so use it as a call to action to create your own and maybe send Apple a line about how nice it would be to provide you with your list when the Apple Watch ships.
As you can see, I have also included the video for my top three and the YouTube links for the rest so that you don’t have to wait to listen or, for that matter, watch (pun intended). I also invite you, since such lists are totally personal and arbitrary, to send along your list. I promise to publish the best one. In addition, if you have a playlist for Apple Pay, by all means send it too.
1. This was a close call for No. 1 but I had to go with the late Jim Croce’s “Time in a Bottle.”
2. Like I said, this was a hard choice, but Cher’s “If I could Turn Back Time” has to be heard and seen and should be at the top of any list.
3. For those of you who are not a baby boomer, this one is likely not going to be familiar, but The Chambers Brothers created a real classic in the late 1960s called “Time has Come Today,” and the video should let you in as to why.
4. The piano player Sam (Dooley Wilson) version of “As Time Goes By” from the movie Casablanca.
5. The Guess Who hit “No Time” and its catchy reprise that “I got, got, got no time.”
6. “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?” from the really early days of the group Chicago.
7. The Rolling Stones’ “Time is on My Side.” And, yes, it is.
8. Billy Joel, “The Longest Time.” Enough said.
9. “Time After Time” by the incomparable Cindy Lauper.
10. “Time Warp” from the cult classic movie Rocky Horror Picture Show. You gotta love it.
11. “Time of the Season” by The Zombies. Again, yes it is.
12. “Funny How Time Slips Away” from Willie Nelson. The seemingly immortal at his best.
And, a bonus one for those of a certain age, with the full disclosure that Buffalo Bob lived around the corner from me, it really was “Howdy Doody Time.”
I look forward to your suggestions. And, please let me know how that Apple Watch works out for you when it does arrive.
FCC Chairman Ajit Pai today made clear his plans to repeal Title II net neutrality rules. The commission is expected to pass his proposal at its Dec. …
Mist has created an AI-driven wireless platform that puts the user and his or mobile device at the heart of the wireless network. Combining machine le…
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is best known for the world's largest trade event, but the organization's reach is growing far beyond the CE…
In what could result in the biggest tech deal in history, semiconductor company Broadcom has made an offer to buy Qualcomm for a whopping $130 billion…
The term "moonshot" encapsulates the spirit of technological achievement: an accomplishment so ambitious, so improbable, that it's equivalent to sendi…